Me in 10 seconds
California native, I now live in New Zealand.
Me in 10 minutes?
See my “about” page.
What am I doing now?
See my “now” page.
Anything You Want (2011)
40 lessons for a new kind of entrepreneur: my tales of starting, building, and selling CD Baby
Your Music and People (2020)
getting your work to the world by being creative, considerate, resourceful, and connected
Hell Yeah or No (2020)
thoughts around what’s worth doing, fixing faulty thinking, and getting things done
How to Live (2021)
27 conflicting answers and one weird conclusion
Newest Articles see all
Popular Articles see all
My private email list
For my quiet announcements, early access to new books, and more, get on my private email list, here:
You can listen to over 80 hours of interviews, where I’m the guest.
Each one has an MP3 you can download, or a transcript if you prefer to read.
Photos (click for big)
Tweets see all tweets
- September 14, 2021
- My newest and best book, “HOW TO LIVE - 27 conflicting answers and one weird conclusion”, is officially released and shipping worldwide now, exclusively through me: https://sive.rs/h
- August 13, 2021
- How many pets do you have? https://sive.rs/pets
- June 16, 2021
- Now that I’m done writing “How to Live”, I’m listening to music again! Starting with Ted Gioia’s great “Hundred Best Albums of 2020”: http://www.tedgioia.com/bestalbumsof2020.html — buying them all on Bandcamp.
- March 29, 2021
- If you do what most people do, you’ll get what most people get.
- March 26, 2021
- Nobody cares what you’re bad at, and neither should you.
- February 19, 2021
- I’m a fan of: Ravel Boléro, Erika Lemay, Debussy, Black bean burrito, Ruby, PostgreSQL, OpenBSD, Vim, Blackcurrant black tea, New Zealand, silence.